JetBlue becomes the first airline to accept Apple Pay in-flight

Himanshu Arora

TS Addict
JetBlue has become the first airline to accept Apple Pay in-flight, allowing passengers with an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus to purchase food, drinks and onboard amenities, as well as upgrade to available premium seats, all without using their credit cards,...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/59706-jetblue-becomes-first-airline-accept-apple-pay-flight.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

ikesmasher

TS Evangelist
I love how people continue to push digital payment even with the reoccurring news of hackers and such every day.

MilwaukeeMike

TS Evangelist
I love how people continue to push digital payment even with the reoccurring news of hackers and such every day.
Everyday on the radio traffic report we hear about someone crashing their car and it doesn't stop anyone from driving, right?

I wonder if they'll accept payments from Android phones... since they've had NFC payment capabilities for a long time now. I guess it's not cool until Apple does it. Maybe they don't think Android users would buy the overpriced drinks on an airplane. ;)

Reactions: cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley

TS Redneck
I guess it's not cool until Apple does it. Maybe they don't think Android users would buy the overpriced drinks on an airplane. ;)
Hahaha

And with that thought, I wonder when movie theaters will start allowing Apple Pay? Maybe they do already, I just haven't noticed the option. Since I don't buy their outrageously priced crap to begin with.