Jpg pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsChad

I have another problem---I hope I can explain it correctly. Scenario: I scan a picture with my scanner. I save it to My Pictures in Word as a jpg. I go to retrieve it and I get a box that says Convert From: and there are many different things listed such as Works, Word 97 etc but no jpg. Sometimes when I am in Word, I click on File, then open, then click on the picture I want and jpg isn't one of the choices. I am so :confused: confused. Any suggestions?

Give us some more details about your scanner make and model, the scanning software and the way you scan.

You should never scan a picture and save it in Word. Scan into a "file" instead, you should be given the (probably default) format of .tiff, but you can then also opt for .gif (also known as Compuserve's format, probably the most accurate) or .jpg/.jpeg and a bunch of others.
You should still save the scanned file in your "My Pictures".

If you have not got it yet, surf over to:
http://www.irfanview.com/
and D/L and install the (free) Irfanview, one of the easiest programs for picture manipulation.

Thank you so much for your help! I have downloaded the irfanview program and I thought the Scanner wizard was for installing the scanner! I have a lot to learn. Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back