Just bought a7n8x mobo and 2700+,getting blue screen and immediate restart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey i came across your site and it looked like u knew what uw ere talkinga bout...i was runing a fic mobo with a xp 1100+processor...yeah so this christmas I bought myself the asus a7n8x mobo and an amd2700+ I installed everything fine...it reads vid card,memory and processor but when it gets to right when windows is going to load and the system gets a quick blue screen error and restarts when trying to start up windows..been troubleshooting this btich like a mofo cause im freaking pissed.....do you know what I need to do to fix this?
could it be a compatibility issue with my HD? thats the only thing i can think of....its a 30g maxtor....

Likely to be Windoze has taken exception to the change of mobo...unless of course you reinstalled the OS at the swap-out?
Could try booting from yer windoze cd and reinstal over the top of the old OS, that *should* allow the OS to recognise the change in system configuration...failing that, a format and complete reinstall may be the only way out.

i am having this same problem with the a7n8x-x and an athlon xp 3000. I was using pc2700 memory and at first thought my memory wasnt compatible. i heard this board didnt like all memory. I bought pc3200 but the same problem occurred. I tried a fresh install. I put the windows boot disk in the cd and booted from it. It took me thru that loading screen where all the drivers load up but then froze on a blue screen saying windows shut down to prevent damage tot eh system. i got the eror message...IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL which i understand means i had some irq conflict. so i disabled everything and took out all boards. then i tried the fresh install again and got this eror message BAD_POOL_HEADER which i think has something to do with dma channels...i dunno...in any case im stumped

well im in the process of doing a clean install, this is going to be my first attempt. I didnt have anything terribly important on there but digi cam photos that i had just backed up....its in the process of formatting the drive...I'll feel more comfortable when the windows starts to install...but i hae a feeling this is going to work....I would have tried this earlier just didnt have my windows cd with me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back