'Just Cause 3' heading to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC next year

Shawn Knight

Staff member
playstation xbox square enix gaming pc open world playstation 4 game xbox one avalanche studios just cause just cause 3

The third installment of one of the most popular open-world action-adventure games of all-time has been officially confirmed. Swedish developer Avalanche Studios on Tuesday announced that Just Cause 3 is indeed in development and will be heading to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC next year.

Game Informer was the first publication to set eyes on the title outside of the studio and got to spend several hours playing an early build. Here’s what we know so far.

The game is set in a fictional Mediterranean archipelago and will feature the same open-world environment that the franchise is known for. The parachute and grapple mechanics have been vastly improved and there’s even a new wing suit to assist in aerial antics.

The game’s developers, who have been working on it for three solid years at their New York City office, describe the gameplay as a fine balance between just outright stupid and fun.

There’s not really much else to go on at this point aside from saying the game looks to be more of the same. As fans of the first two titles will attest to, that’s certainly not a bad thing.

Interestingly enough, there was no mention of the game coming to the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360. That said, this could be one of the few games being designed to take advantage of the horsepower afforded by Sony and Microsoft’s next generation consoles (and the PC, of course).

Permalink to story.

FANTASTIC! I'm still having fun playing JC-2 ... just hope he designed it so you don't have to have the latest kick *** CPU, etc, etc to have fun with it! Us retired folks just can afford to go out and buy a new machine every year! LOL

I hope they take advantage of the most cutting edge rendering features but also make it scale back to look decent on mid-range/low-end hardware for the retired folks :)

I hope they take advantage of the most cutting edge rendering features but also make it scale back to look decent on mid-range/low-end hardware for the retired folks :)
If I never knew any better I'd have thought you had me in mind :D I may be retired but I still play PC games and my hardware (computer hardware of course, what were you thinking?) :eek: still delivers the necessary bite to make me happy. (y)

"...balance between just outright stupid and fun."

Well, at least they're honest, otherwise I would have to point out that grappling a propane tank is probably not a good idea as the immediate result is....obliteration. LOL

On a more serious note, when I see that a game is being made for XBOne, PS4, and PC, all I can think of is what's the lowest denominator and just how bad the port is going to be to PC :/

Back