Kaspersky Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdmnino

So I decided to upgrade to KIS after much recommendation because of all the negative things Norton had as review. Everything seems to be going good. I went to Ebay to purchase an activation key for KIS and the seller said that it was only good for 1 cpu. Does that sound right, I thought it was good for at least 3 cpu. Any clarificaton would be nice, as I would like to install it on two other computers. Here is the link from where I made the purchase.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KASPERSKY-INTER...oryZ3805QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I believe KIS keys costs a little more than $10. The person selling this might be using a key generator to generate these keys. Personally I don't trust what the person is advertising. Another thing to note is that the person did not state if this is a one year license or 1 day licens (not that there is one). Just be careful.....

tuant said:
I believe KIS keys costs a little more than $10. The person selling this might be using a key generator to generate these keys. Personally I don't trust what the person is advertising. Another thing to note is that the person did not state if this is a one year license or 1 day licens (not that there is one). Just be careful.....

I've already installed KIS 7.0 onto my cpu, and when installation was done it did mention that the activation key was good until 02/15/09, but Im just not sure if I can put it on 3 cpu or just one.

Depends if this is a one user license or multi user license. One user license means the key can only installed on one computer whereas a multi user license can be installed on multiple computers. I guess you can try and if so happens that the key gets blacklist, tell your seller that you were not able to activate the key and he/she should give you a new one. Again there is a 7 day limitation according to the seller's warranty.

When I looked under installed keys, it shows my activation key and then next to it says "commerical for 3 computer" Does that mean I can install it onto 2 other computers as well?

If that is what it says then yes you can. However I am very suspicious b/c I believe the seller may be using a key generator to generate these keys and may have sold the same key to two other individual. In any event, if it says 'Commercial for 3 computers' then it means you can install it onto three computers

buying software off eBay??? how could this possibly be reasonable?

hum; then some folks by CDs from street vendors too :wave: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back