Kdevelop library problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

coreyrockstar

ive just started using kdevelop on linux red hat version 9 but i cant seem to find the kde library. in the kde setup it says it can locate the qt library but can not locate the kdelib.doc file. i've tried to reinstall the package but either it says the package is already installed but file is still not there (in .kde/share/apps/kdevelop/kde-documentation).

can anyone supply me with the kdelib.doc file (not the kdelibs package) or give me a solution?

Maybe it's in /usr/share/doc/...? Where did you get the information about the location of that doc file? Different Linux versions and dierent RPM makers like to put different things in diferent places.

A very useful command to use is "locate". When you type "locate kdelib" it will show you all files containing "kdelib" in their name (case insensitive). It doesn't show you things you have installed recently since it takes time to update the databases.

You can also inspect the kdevelop package to see what files it installs where. You do this with "rpm -q --filesbypkg kdevelop". "rpm -q --filesbypkg kdevelop | grep -i kdelib" to find the file you want.

Or use the plain find command: "find / -iname \*kdelib\*". This takes a long time to run.

I think you need to read a good Linux How-to or a Linux book on how to use it generally before you go digging into certain things like this. You will find you can learn alot from these how-tos and books.

Absolutely..

Any Linux tutorial will do you more good than any advice we can give you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back