Keyboard and mice set

18pcs

I am currently using a Logitech MX 5000 set. Being a Bluetooth setup the computer need to boot fully and windows needs to start and bluetooth needs to handshake before keyboard can be accessed. This is a pain sometimes and I was thinking of changing either to a corded setup or a RF setup. My question is would RF have the same restrictions as BT ? If yes then is a corded setup the best option ? Also a suggestion on any RF combo would be appreciated, Logitech perhaps.

Keyboard and mouse

I have used a few different Keyboards in the last 2 years.
Am now using Microsoft 1000 wireless plus Microsoft wireless mouse 2.0.
I've never used anything better than this, and I do a lot of typing.
I paid £15 for Keyboard, £10 for mouse. These are RF not bluetooth.
I won't be changing for a very long time, and would buy same again.
Note that the wireless mouse that goes with the keyboard is ok, but I like the smooth scroll wheel of the Wireless mouse 2.0.
Logitech do make similar keyboards, but too expensive for me.

Hi 18pcs,
I just picked up this keyboard/mouse combo (Logitech) and am very happy with it. its 2.4Gz laser mouse and the board has a nice layout and feel. I even gave it a shot playing FPS'ers and it was surprisingly responsive and accurate for a cordless mouse/cordless keyboard. It has nice features as well.I got the Pro version, but there is a less expensive version right below it.
http://www.microcenter.com/search/s...ht=Any&prt=NewProduct&sortby=match&web_group=

Thanks Mike and Red for your replies. I am angling towards Logitec due to their after sales service which in my area is excellent.
Red1776 , I have one question for you. I am asuming you have the Desktop Pro version with the 1100 mouse. Please tell me if you are able to access BIOS during bootup with the keyboard and do you have to wait a few seconds before you are able to type your password in Windows ? I also get a lot of repetitive keys in the BT version, do you have such a problem here ? Thanks for your help.

I have not run into any delays at all in password or accessing the BIOS. As a matter of fact I can type the password in before the password field screen is even up. I have only had it a short time, but so far its been terrific.

Just an update. Recd the Desktop Wavepro Keyboard Set and am very happy. Considering buying one more and keeping as reserve :)

Back