Keyboard and mouse problem

korialz

mouse - sometimes it stops working so needed to unplug and pluged it again. why is this happening?

keyboard - its ps/2. theres 6 wires + 1 black right? (i mean in the tip). so the problem is one wire got cut off and stucked in the ps/2 connector in my cpu. so what can I do? can I still use my keyboard even though one wire cut off?( because whenever I plugged it in, the keyboard lights turns on just a second then off,no power).is there a way than I can still use it? thanks

mouse - sometimes it stops working so needed to unplug and pluged it again. why is this happening?

keyboard - its ps/2. theres 6 wires + 1 black right? (i mean in the tip). so the problem is one wire got cut off and stucked in the ps/2 connector in my cpu. so what can I do? can I still use my keyboard even though one wire cut off?( because whenever I plugged it in, the keyboard lights turns on just a second then off,no power).is there a way than I can still use it? thanks

You mean the pin? If the pin has been damaged then you're screwed but you might be able to solder it back! I'd trash it and grab a USB keyboard.

If this is your favorite keyboard & you don't want to replace it, then you can probably get something like this: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4094520#

And splice it onto the existing one, after cutting off the connector w/ missing pins. And of course you'll need to remove the pin that has broken off and lodged in the connector on the back of the computer.

I think Jawshh's solution of getting a new keyboard is simpler.

its just that this keyboard was just bought a year ago or at the start of this year(2011)
so i think i have no choice then.i'll just replace this or change the connecter nevertheless thanks. by the way is there any program that can help me create my own hotkeys? because right now Im using a keyboard w/o a numpad.
so I need a program that could help me like when I press A . num 0 will also be pressed. and when I press 1 , num 2 will be pressed too. I need the num pad because Im using something that needs the numpad keys to be pressed. thanks.need it asap.

Sounds like bad cables on both devices.

PS2 is dead and you shouldn't be using ps2 equipment unless you have no other choice.

Next up, you can buy a mouse and keyboard nowadays for next to nothing unless you want some super gaming grade stuff. Judging from the fact you still had a ps2 keyboard I'm going to guess a normal keyb will be fine.

On newegg a keyb is 7$ and a mouse is 6$, would you really want to spend hours splicing wires and frying your computer or just goto the local PC store and spend 20$ for two new ones?

Back