Keyboard not responding

Status
Not open for further replies.
my Dell wireless keyboard with Dell Touch will not move line by line with the down arrow; the movement is by half page; have tried to install and reinstall- no luck.

would appreciate some feedback.

lorac

Install and reinstall which? The device in Device Manager or the driver as perhaps shown in the Add/Remove Programs.

thanks for answering- went to control panel and installed and reinstalled both mouse and keyboard- Dell optical mouse and Dell touch keyboard.

been to both Dell and Microsoft looking for how to- no luck.

any help would be great.

lorac

keyboard not working

hi,

sadly, no other PC in the house. this is particularly infurating as the line problem came out of the blue.

am not too keen on doing a system restore at this time. don't see any great hints on the web- so thanks for answering.

lorac

The thing about a system restore is that you can undo the restore if it doesn't produce the desired results. If the problem didn't occur too long ago, you could try it.

Alternately, you could buy another keyboard to try it. I know it seems wasteful but you only need to buy an inexpensive one. Many cost less than $10 ($6-$8). Of course, that doesn't include shipping or tax, if any. Take a look at Newegg.com (Click here) for some choices. It's up to you, of course.

mailpup said:
The thing about a system restore is that you can undo the restore if it doesn't produce the desired results. If the problem didn't occur too long ago, you could try it.

Alternately, you could buy another keyboard to try it. I know it seems wasteful but you only need to buy an inexpensive one. Many cost less than $10 ($6-$8). Of course, that doesn't include shipping or tax, if any. Take a look at Newegg.com (Click here) for some choices. It's up to you, of course.

Thanks, actually I did buy a new keyboard and the same error occurs.

Do your arrow keys move up line by line in your browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back