Keyboard not working sometimes

combatantdrip

Hi,whenever I switch on the A.C.(and even some other times),my keyboard stops working for around 30secs-2mins...during this period if we press a button a sound is heard,whereas all other functions are performing normally...And after sometimes it works normally..Thsi happens continuosly.Any advice?
Thanks in advance

Did you spill liquid on it? if so put it upside down for a day or 2. If it is somehow the ac id try not plugging so many things into one outlet. But its probably something you spilled and your keyboard might be permanently damaged. If you flip it right away or even the same day it saves your keyboard when you spill something on it.

I dont think I spilled something
And why is it mainly affected when some other equipment drawing large current is switched on such as AC,washing machine etc??

I dont think I spilled something
And why is it mainly affected when some other equipment drawing large current is switched on such as AC,washing machine etc??
I know what your saying but its most likely you spilled something on it and its coincidentally acting up when the ac turns on and such.

You could always try a new keyboard and return the new one if it also acts up. Then you know if its your keyboard or not for sure.

It might be that your power supply is marginal or has become so. The high draw of other appliances could be causing the power output of the PSU to drop below what your system needs.

@ikesmasher- whats an external USB hub??

@mailpup-exactly,thanks...thats what I was thinking!!
I have i3 530,gt 240,4 gb ram,22" lcd etc running on corsair 450 W...do u think the PSU is the problem??

Combatantdrip: its basically a box with multiple USB ports one it. One of which goes to a computer. This box is plugged into the wall which supplies the rest of the usb ports with power, that transfer the data to the computer.
Basically, its a wall powered method of plugging multiple things into a computer using only one USB port.

...do u think the PSU is the problem??
Possibly. For testing purposes can you find another wall outlet that is on a different circuit than the ones of the major power draining appliances?

If that doesn't change anything, do you have access to another PSU that you can use to swap in and test with?

@ikesmasher-ohh,thanks!!

@mailup-ok,I will tryi t,but it wont be necessary since I will not use my pc for 1-2 months,and after that I will be buying some new parts
Can u plz tell me whether Cooler MAster extreme II 525 W psu will be sufficient for i5 3450 nd 7850??

Yes, that power supply should be enough.

I will tryi t,but it wont be necessary since I will not use my pc for 1-2 months,and after that I will be buying some new parts
If it's not necessary, why do something that's not necessary? So it seems we really don't have a problem to solve here or did I misunderstand?

@mailup- thanks
Actually when I posted this thread I was not thinking of buying the new parts...
now after reading some replies it seems that the prob is the PSU,and since I am going to buy a new PSU,therefore its not a problem anymore

Back