Keyboard problem - arrow keys type junk characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-CR363. Since last evening, I'm facing a problem with the four arrow keys. They type strange characters.

The up key ends up tying "oig". The down key ends up typing a backslash. RIght key types "LJH" and left key types ",mn". This is happening in all the applications - office, notepad, browser, etc. It's the same characters every time, not some random characters. For example, if I turn the Num Lock on, the "oig" becomes "65g".

All other keys are working absolutely fine. Only these four keys are an issue. These also work fine for 2-3 mins in between suddenly, and then go back to their erratic but predictable ways!!

I tried uninstalling the driver and then reinstalling, cleaning the keyboard (the keys are absolutely in shape visually). As a heavy user of Office, I am finding it impossible to handle this even for a day...

Please help with a solution/ suggestion....

In our experience with the Vaio keyboards, you have reached the time when a replacment NEW keyboard is the best option.
Sometimes, turning the keyboard upside down and giving it a thorough cleaning with difluoroethane gas such as Dust Off (a lot of it) will take care of it... but not often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back