Kind of a n00bish question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddystabz

I just recently rebuilt my entire system almost, all new motherboard, RAM, processor, heatsink, power supply, etc. The system is up and running great!

I now have found another case that I really like because it may improve my cooling efficieny. I really want to overclock this system eventually. If I transfer all my internal parts of my setup to this new case will I have to reinstall windows or anything like that? I really don't think so but want to make totally sure before doing it.

Thanks!

New system: EVGA N Force 680i SLI motherboard, Intel Core-2 Duo e6600 2.40 GHZ -processor, EVGA 8800 GTS graphics card, Corsair DDR 2 800mhz pc 6400 RAM at 2 GB, OCZ Gamexstream 850 watt power supply, Zalman 9500 heatsink.

You are perfectly fine transfering cases. Ive done it tons of times with ugly dells and custom rigs. Just make sure that the mobo will fit in the new case before you purchase it.

'OCZ Gamexstream 850 watt power supply'

So, you do some welding when your player is healing up?

:)

daddystabz said:
If I transfer all my internal parts of my setup to this new case will I have to reinstall windows or anything like that? I really don't think so but want to make totally sure before doing it
as long as you are just switching cases then your current windows installation will be fine.

for the most part the only hardware upgrade that requires a reformat/reinstall is when you change a motherboard. (sometimes a new CPU will require it as well, but not usually)

cheers :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back