Kuma / War game downloading problem

• Thread starter Deleted member 171390
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 171390

For those of you who don't know what Kuma / War is, it is a free online war game based on the wars in the Middle East and can be found at www.kumawar.com

Here is my post from the KumaWar forums:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have downloaded a few maps on Kuma War 2.
The only 2 that have worked were Canadian CS and Sadr City.
All the rest didn't work.

There are 2 problems.

1. After clicking "PLAY" on the JOIN MISSION list, my screen goes black. The desktop appears with the colors distorted and everything is much bigger than usual. After a few seconds, the monitor goes black, and the entire computer restarts. When I log back into my account, a Windows Error box appears saying that the system has experienced a severe error and asks me if I want to send an error report to Windows. I click yes and a HELP section of the Windows website appears. It tells me that my computer has experienced a STOP ERROR. I researched stop error on Google and it said something about drivers not working correctly. When I go to C:/Program Files/Kuma War and enter the Maps folder, it says I've downloaded a few maps but they still don't work.

2. Almost the same as #1, except that sometimes on some map downloads, the download works. After the download completes, the screen goes black and the same thing happens as in problem 1.

Although this problem is driving me crazy, I messed around with the Task Manager and by going into Processes and closing Kuma.exe, I can make my desktop return to normal, but the map still doesn't run.

If anyone knows how to fix this, or has any ideas/comments, please post here.

I would really appreciate returning to my gaming experience!

Thank you,

~Ace~

Please check c:\windows\Minidumps folder
For any Minidump(s) that you can attach here (dated at time of crash)

You may also want to check your event viewer
Start --> Control Panel --> Administrative Tools --> Event Viewer
Also around the time of the crash.

Off the top of my head, it sounds like either your Video or Audio drivers require updating (from your manufactures website)

Therefore:
Please put your System Specs in your Profile

If you have a proprietory computer like Dell; HP; Acer etc, please manually write this in the mobo field (ie Dell Dimension 3100 - as an example)

Minidumps Files

Thanks for the quick response. I checked the Minidump folder and found:

Mini031108-01
Mini031108-02
Mini031208-01
Mini031208-02
Mini031208-03
Mini031208-04

there are 10 more that look about the same

Thanks.

Using the paperclip pic (in a new reply to me) please zip up the last 5 (approx!) Minidumps, and the attach them to a new reply

Also, what happened to the System Specs?

Just in case:

Please click on Yes in your Profile To this question:
Would you like to show other members your computer specs? Default is (NO) This will be displayed in your posts via a drop down menu for other members to view. Add your system specs in your usercp Edit options.

Inside the 5 Minidumps

BugCheck 7F, {0, 0, 0, 0}
Unable to load image vtdisp.dll, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vtdisp.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vtdisp.dll

BugCheck EA, {85941948, 86131938, 860b6400, 1}
Probably caused by : vtdisp.dll

BugCheck EA, {85d67020, 860d2008, 85faa990, 1}

BugCheck EA, {85ca1430, 86110e30, 86328970, 1}

Probably caused by : win32k.sys

vtdisp.dll: VIA/S3G Graphics Driver
Please update your Via video drivers. Or consider a better video gaming card.

Didn't really work...

I went to a few websites and found an update for my video card. After downloading and installing the update, the color distortion and messed up desktop image didn't happen. Instead of the distorted picture, there was a black screen. After about 15 seconds of black screen the computer restarted. At least something worked.

Any other ideas?

Problem Found

I recieved a reply on the KumaWar forum saying that the maps I was able to use were the first KumaWar version, while the maps I wasn't able to use were the second. After doing some research I discovered that about 128MB of Approx. Memory was needed for KumaWar 2 and 64MB was needed for KumaWar 1. The Approx. Memory on my computer is 64MB, so I guess I can only play KumaWar 1 maps.

Thanks for all the help Kimsland!

How much would that cost?

How much would a new video card cost?
Where would I get one?
Any ideas which one to get?

If you have any answers, please post. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back