Labtec speakers suddenly not working

Hi everyone, im glad to be a part of this community. Just a quick problem that Ive had since yesterday which id like to get fixed as soon as, my speakers have decided to stop working.

Yesterday i was moving my PC about and i had to unplug the speakers from the back (red/pink, green, and blue ports). I didn't see which colour port it was in, but i assume it was the green one as the end of the speakers that plugs in has a green casing around it. Anyway i have tried all 3 different colors and i can't get the sound to work. I have restarted my pc several times but nothing has worked. It seems odd and rather stupid really that all i have done is unplugged them as i had to, and now they won't turn on, whereas a keyboard, mouse etc are fine.

The speakers have an on button you press to turn them on, then you can see they're working as a small red LED lights up, now they won't even turn on, as in they aren't getting any power?

My pc is pretty old, but i only mainly use it for small purposes, and am hoping to get these back to working, what do you guys recommend? I have windows XP.

Hi everyone, im glad to be a part of this community. Just a quick problem that Ive had since yesterday which id like to get fixed as soon as, my speakers have decided to stop working.

Yesterday i was moving my PC about and i had to unplug the speakers from the back (red/pink, green, and blue ports). I didn't see which colour port it was in, but i assume it was the green one as the end of the speakers that plugs in has a green casing around it. Anyway i have tried all 3 different colors and i can't get the sound to work. I have restarted my pc several times but nothing has worked. It seems odd and rather stupid really that all i have done is unplugged them as i had to, and now they won't turn on, whereas a keyboard, mouse etc are fine.

The speakers have an on button you press to turn them on, then you can see they're working as a small red LED lights up, now they won't even turn on, as in they aren't getting any power?

My pc is pretty old, but i only mainly use it for small purposes, and am hoping to get these back to working, what do you guys recommend? I have windows XP.

Are the speakers plugged into an AC outlet ?

Hi mate. Sorry i feel like a bit of an ***** as i don't understand what that is? They're plugged into the green port at the back of the pc as they were before i unplugged them, that's the best way i can explain it.

Some useful information for you though, i plugged in my ipod headphones where the speakers are in the pc, and sound plays through those, so is this a problem with the power of the speakers?

Hopefully there's afix as i don't see how they could be broke, just from unplugging them..?

Hi mate. Sorry i feel like a bit of an ***** as i don't understand what that is? They're plugged into the green port at the back of the pc as they were before i unplugged them, that's the best way i can explain it.

Some useful information for you though, i plugged in my ipod headphones where the speakers are in the pc, and sound plays through those, so is this a problem with the power of the speakers?

Hopefully there's afix as i don't see how they could be broke, just from unplugging them..?

If they're powered speakers,meaning they need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet, are they?

If you are taking the sound output from the green output socket on the back of your tower, then your speakers must be powered by a mains adapter.
You will have a black mains adapter similar to a mobile phone charger, and the output from that on a thin wire will plug into one of your speakers, normally the one with the volume control on it.
To test if the speakers are powered up and working, plug an MP3 player into the green plug that goes to the speakers, does that play ok?
See photo.....

Attachments

• PC_speakers.jpg
    PC_speakers.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 8
Amazing, seems there was a labtec big adaptor charger which had a port that went into the back of the speaker - which i didn't know about, i plugged them all back in and they worked, so simple, thanks a lot mate!

Back