LAN Connection Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbine951

Alright here's my problem... For some reason my LAN connection doesn't show up in Network Places... When I try to create a new LAN connection it tells me that this type of connection already exists.. When i go into Device Manager, the LAN isn't even detected.. Its onboard LAN on an ASUS A8V Deluxe Board. Also I downloaded the LAN drivers from Asus, and it tells me that a later version of driver already exists on my computer and then immediately terminates.. Well since it isn't in Device Manager, I can't find where to roll back the driver or even get rid of it.. If anybody has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it, this problem is really irritating me..

For some reason my LAN connection doesn't show up in Network Places...
you need to go to Network Connections, not Network Places.

When i go into Device Manager, the LAN isn't even detected..
it should be under the tree "Network Adapters"

Tell me that you're past this and i'm just being silly pointing the obvious heh :D

Um... Wow, yea I meant to put Network Connections not network places, sorry for not clarifying.. any other, " non-obvious" suggestions, since that is the reason I am here in the first place? Please tell me that isn't all

give this a go.. https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic55006.html

Keep us posted on your results!

other things to do:
-see if you can find it while booting in Safe mode with networking
-any lights on your ethernet adapter/switch?
-i'm guessing it worked before right? so can you remember if you changed anything on the PC > software, hardware, updates etc?
-there is a small possibility that your ethernet adaptor has become dud.. but as far as your describe right now could be windows related problem..

OK, thanks very much for the advice.. I will try the things you have mentioned. There is one light on the ethernet port in the back, but when you plug a network cable up to it or something, the other light never comes on. Its orange to be exact. It did work before, so I agree something has happened but im not sure what.. I will give your other suggestions a try and see if I have any luck. THanks again.

Have you disabled it in the BIOS?? I did that once and spent all day reinstalling drivers and whatnot until I finally went into BIOS for something else and noticed that on board Ethernet was disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back