Laptop audio problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xclusiveitalian

a month ago my laptop broke and had to be shipped back to HP, upon receving it back they had to replace the entire motherboard. Before my laptop broke my audio was fine, upon receving it back its working different and im unsure if im just maybe making the problem up in my head or is it really a hardware problem. For instance, before my laptop broke when my windows started up there would be sounds, and when i would open aol there would be sound 'welcome' 'you got mail' 'goodbye' but now there isn't. When I put my itunes on i can play a song and hear it fine, however, on other programs like on windows messanger live, when I play a game sometimes the sound doesn't work. Do you think upon fixing the motherboard something was damaged or maybe a plug is hanging out?

Also my laptop has a touchpad u can scroll the volume higher or lower, upon changing it it used to make a sound every bit to let u know the sound is being adjusted, now, however, there is no sound. I check my volume and everything is set to max. Anyone have any ideas?

What version Windows is installed? and the SP level?

Also, try click Start->Run, enter dxdiag. See if the tool can troubleshoot any problem

let us know

Go to device manager. If there is a yellow ? under Audio, video and game controllers it is a driver problem. Try a live Linux CD an see if the sound is working.

I have Windows Vista home premium 64 bit, its the default installed operating system. Also found no errors troubleshooting, however, out of nowhere, the sound is back but idk if i cant trust it wont go out again. Drivers seem fine, i just dont understand why it happened. My laptop came with "SRS Premium sound" don't know much about it, and under drivers i dont see anything with "SRS" in it, i only see Nvidia high definition audio(Nvidia is my graphics card tho, not audio?) and IDT high definition Audio CODEC

Try installing SRS Premium Sound driver if you have a driver CD included when you bought your laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back