Laptop CPU question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I receieved a compaq presario v5305wm for Christmas. it has a AMD sempron 3300+. as some of you already know, some laptops have a way to save power by lowering the multiplier when idle. I have turned off all of the power saving features to keep it running at 10x multiplier. Either way i have it set, the temp (according to sensorsview pro) is always between 54c and 59c when doing basic computing. Now when i get to playing a game, i alt-tabbed real fast to check the temp. it was at 66c by the time halo minimized. it may have been a little higher. I have a cooler that you set the laptop on, and i have also taken it apart to make sure there was no dust in the cpu fan or anywhere for that matter. there was none. is this normal operating temperature? does anyone know the max temp for it? I have googled and googled and cannot find anything about it. omeone PLEASE help me out. Im worried about burning up my computer. Oh by the way, the max vid. res. for this comp is 1280x800, i have halo set to 800x600, shadows off, specular off. low settings. this is the first game ive played on here and until i find out if these temps are dangerous to the computer, i am not playing anymore games on here. Thanks in advance!

Well, such as with my PC (Desktop). I have a Thermal Take Armor case with a bunch of fans, and a heatsink that looks like an engine block (6 heat pipes). My normal running temp is about 36c, but before the new case and heatsink, i was running normally around 45c.

When I play games now, it goes up to about 45-55c, but before it was about 55-65c. Seems like you are running a normal temp, and there is not much you can do to fix it. Just make sure that there is nothing blocking the intake/outtake vents and possibly use a better type of thermal gel.

Well, such as with my PC (Desktop). I have a Thermal Take Armor case with a bunch of fans, and a heatsink that looks like an engine block (6 heat pipes). My normal running temp is about 36c, but before the new case and heatsink, i was running normally around 45c.

When I play games now, it goes up to about 45-55c, but before it was about 55-65c. Seems like you are running a normal temp, and there is not much you can do to fix it. Just make sure that there is nothing blocking the intake/outtake vents and possibly use a better type of thermal gel.

I feel a lot more at ease now when playing. I appreciate the info u gave me. I couldnt send a PM to u because i havent posted 15 threads. but if you get to read this, Thanks. -Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back