Laptop graphics card upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
about a year ago i bought a laptop i have the game rainbow six vegas 2 i need a higher graphics card that will work with this game i have a dell inspiron 1721 and was wondering if it was possible and how much for a new one

"Integrated ATI Radeon Xpress 1270 with HyperMemoryTM (64MB dedicated local frame buffer)"...

That's what you got, and the key word is "Integrated". No replaceable video card. You would have to replace the motherboard. All you can do is increase the system memory to the max and hope you can allot more system memory to be used by the graphics chip

"Integrated ATI Radeon Xpress 1270 with HyperMemoryTM (64MB dedicated local frame buffer)"...

That's what you got, and the key word is "Integrated". No replaceable video card. You would have to replace the motherboard. All you can do is increase the system memory to the max and hope you can allot more system memory to be used by the graphics chip

how would i repace the motherboard and what would that cost me

An arm and a leg, you might as well just buy another laptop, or if you want to game, stay away from laptops either way. Unless you're going to spend 4k on one.

You beat me to it supersmashbrada... Right you are! The motherboard would be the same as the old one, and it would probably cost as much as a new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back