Laptop Keyboard & Touchpad Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone:

I have a Toshiba A85 S-107 Satellite laptop. The keyboard and touch pads are acting weirdly, a little too weird to describe here. Basically the keyboard won't work at all and when I try to use it in Word, for example, it doesn't type but random windows open up when I hit keys. The touchpad works OK in that the mouse goes where I want it to but the buttons also do weird things when pressed. Since the problem began the keyboard worked fine once after a restart and it ALWAYS works perfectly in Command Mode. I tried to get it to work in Safe Mode but no good.

I've cleaned a lot of crap out of my drive and did all the usual virus scans and it doesn't help. Someone suggested I reinstall the keyboard driver but I have no idea where to find it and Google searches for it turn up nothing. Any ideas appreciated.

Hi,

All the available drivers for that model are HERE (two pages).

Toshiba certainly don`t make it easy to find them.

hey, markjay1! i have the same exact problem as yours.....did you manage to solve it? mine is a twinhead efio 123a notebook....or anyone else can help?

Depending on the environment the laptop endures, it is also a wise idea to vacuum it out.. you could have a stray dog hair in there that has messed everything up...

I have seen many Satellite's have this problem. Usually the keyboard has to be replaced. Not sure what the cause of the touchpad issue is though.

Funny, I knew this was about a Satellite before I viewed the post! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back