Laptop problems!not to be hasty but, HELP ME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a while now, exactly 30 minutes(depending on which game..longest on while playing was 45 minutes) after playing a game it will shut down.I really dont remember when this started but its been doing it for well over a couple months and I have been to busy with stuff to be fixing my laptop. I can start it up again right after its shut down. I dont think its an overheating problem because I have had it for about 3 years and I've played games that have required more of my comps attention than the ones now ><.
Well I have a Compaq presario 2100.
It has a AMD athlon XP ...
and err 448 mb of ram..
Err..im not that knowledgeable of computers,my boyfriend is a computer geek but he thinks laptops are stupid and pointless so he wont help me fix it T-T
HELPP~~~!!!

It still could be an overheating problem. If you have had it for a while, there is a good chance that a lot of dust has built up inside.

Laptops are VERY hard to work on if you don't know what you are doing. I happen to be one of those people who has no clue about laptops, but I'd probably be brave enough to open it up and spray the dust out with some compressed air.

five bucks says that'll fix you up. But if it doesn't, you can't have my five bucks. It's MY five bucks. Lol.

Ha probly is i just wrote that then it shut me off for no reason,
*****ic thing!(now im on my parents piece of junk..but then again.it works.lol)
Just asked parents if i could open it and clean it then they spazzed at me and told me its ok,just give it some time...Its been doing this for like 5 d*** months I GAVE IT ENOUGH TIME!!!!!
(just because they had to buy it for me dosent mean i cant take care of it
T-T)
Now i just need to sneak to a friends house and clean it..I hate being under their controll *shakes fists*

Yes! Revolt against the parents!

Eat ALL the ice cream in the freezer, and leave it open.
Leave the toilet seet up (even if you are a girl).
And clean out that computer!!!! lol.

Another possibility is that one of your fans has died, so no air is circulating in the case. It really does sound like an overheating problem regardless. Computers don't usually just turn off. Or.... wait! Maybe your computer is joining the revolution against parental units!!!

We will win. Parents don't stand a chance against our greatness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back