Laptop Running EXTREMELY slow, HJT Log included

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpcoleman7

hey i have an open thread already but no one seems to be replyin to it so im opening a new one...

anyways i have a toshiba laptop i purchased around 14 months ago. i was running a game one day last week and i alt+tabbed out of it, like i usually do. but this time everything started running EXTREMELY slow. it took nearly 10 minutes to minimize a firefox browser. i restarted twice: the first time it would not get past the Windows Loading screen. the second time i logged windows but it took forever for the desktop to load. this is still the case. everytime i restart it literally takes hours for my desktop to completely load, and it gets countless of "Connection Error" that say "Received timeout error."

help is greatly appreciated :]

HJT log attached

Hi,

Please post a HijackThis log from normal mode in your next reply.
You may wish to copy and paste these instructions on notepad for easier reference later.

1. Boot into safe mode under your normal user name. See how HERE
  2. Next turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE

3. Go to start > run and type services.msc. Press the enter key.
    Search for the following services. Double click to select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Viewpoint Manager Service

4. Go to start > Control Panel > Add and Remove Programs.
    Remove anything related to the following:

Viewpoint Manager Service

5. After that, run HijackThis and fix the following entries, if found (do this by placing a tick in the check boxes beside these entries and clicking "Fix checked"):

O2 - BHO: Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - {A7327C09-B521-4EDB-8509-7D2660C9EC98} - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar\3.8.0\ViewBarBHO.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Viewpoint Toolbar - {F8AD5AA5-D966-4667-9DAF-2561D68B2012} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Viewpoint\Toolbar Runtime\3.8.0\IEViewBar.dll
    O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

Close HJT.

6. Navigate in Windows Explorer and delete the following files and folders in bold.

C:\Program Files\Viewpoint
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Viewpoint

7. Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.
Thereafter, please post a fresh HJT log from normal mode as an attachment into this thread.

For information to speed up your system, please read this thread HERE.

Regards,
momok =)

This thread is for the use of rpcoleman7 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Error During Restart

I went through with all your directions and restarted my computer to log back into normal mode.

after loading for 30 minutes there were no desktop icons, there was no taskbar, and i received an error stating that windows was going to restart in 1 minute (and had a timer). it suggested to save all files that were not saved as i could lose data and said the restart was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM (i think it was system... it restarted before i could catch the last word. but it had a message at the bottom saying :
"Windows must now restart because the DCOM Server Process Launcher service terminated unexpectedly."

any help?

Hi,

When you manage to login to windows, go to Start > Run and type in shutdown -a
Proceed to our Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions thread and follow all the steps given.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread.
Do not copy and paste your logs if not they will be removed.

Also, please provide the results of the Antirootkit scan

Regards,
momok =)

This thread is for the use of rpcoleman7 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and The Web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back