Laptop screen has gone sunset red

Status
Not open for further replies.
My '98 Dell-inspiron 3200 laptop screen has become sunset red. I can see black and the efforts of other colours to show through, but the red is a problem.
I am low tech on software/hardware issues.
What could this be?

Thanks so much,
Peter

your pixels probably switched to red on account of something failing. take it into a shop, they might be able to fix it.

Return = Best idea. But I see it is a 1998 model laptop. After 7 years, that's probably not an option.

Red screen usually means a burnt out CCFL. The CCFL is an integral part of your LCD screen and often requires replacement of your entire LCD which may actually cost more than the laptop itself.

The CCFL may be repairable (not replaced) by someone who really knows their stuff, but count on a very high price because of the delicate nature and difficulty finding a suitable CCFL replacement.

You may be lucky in the fact that it is an older laptop. Some used and "new" or "generic" LCD screens can sell for reasonable prices for certain models of laptops. Dell in particular is a very good brand to find such parts for. If you know of someone who can replace the LCD screen or perhaps the whole display assembly, www.ebay.com is going to have the best deals. :)

Maybe

If you have vga out on this model you could use
external Crt.
Also dell has trade in/up possiblities.
G'Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back