Latest Humble Bundle supports Android, includes World of Goo

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Improving what was already a wildly successful formula, the Humble Bundle has added Android to its latest pay-what-you-want promotion. Folks willing to dole out up to $5.70 (a penny below the current average amount submitted) will receive a copy of three hot indie games including Edge, Osmos HD and Anomaly: Warzone Earth. If you're willing to meet or exceed the average submission of $5.71, you'll get World of Goo as well.

As with previous events, all four games are available completely DRM-free (or via Steam, if preferred) and they work across Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and for the first time, Android. Compatibility with Google's smartphone operating system is more involved, so you might want to scan the system requirements before purchasing. For instance, Anomaly requires Android 2.3 or higher (though the G2 with Android 2.2 works).

Although there are "only" four games currently offered, the Humble Bundle has made a habit of adding more games as the promotion unfolds (you receive them even if you pay beforehand). The group also throws in soundtracks for all the games. A bargain to be sure, but folks who bought previous Humble Bundles should beware: World of Goo was included in the first Bundle promo in May 2010 and Osmos was offered in the second.

As of writing, more than 46,500 have sent over $266,000 with the top contribution being $1,660.19 from @tantepose. Linux users represent the highest average submission at $7.72, Mac users trail at $6.77 while those on Windows sent $5.14 on average. You can divide your payment up between the Humble organizers, game developers and charities such as the EFF. PayPal, Amazon Payments and Google Checkout are accepted.

Permalink to story.

I always end up buying these and never playing them :( just no more time for video games! One day i'll have an indie game marathon.

besides, the money goes towards a good cause so I don't feel like it's "wasted" money !

Nice bundle, all very good games that I would recommend to anyone who enjoys indie titles.

@tehbanz:

You should really try them, Braid was included in one before, it's simply awesome. I wasted a lot of my time on Trine, and was totally worth it, and then i'm not even mentioning Frozen Synapse...

And yes, i bought this one too, especially for World of Goo & Anomaly, which i didn't have yet...

@SalaSSin

I know i should, i played like 3 levels of trine, and dumped some time into frozen synapse. but i've been so busy with moving/work/life that its like blehhhh where do vidya games fit in?

I'm liking Anomaly... runs butter smooth on my trusty nexus S.

I bought and have some questions..
can I activate on steam and my droid? and do I stil get new games if the average is higher now?

Back