LCD Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyph3r

I got a 22" Iiyama Prolite E2202WS which is awesome (alot better than my old CRT, previously I stuck with my CRT as I though that CRTs where better quality, but this LCD blows my old CRT away). But I've noticed, on the left of the screen, about 4mm from the bezel, theres a darker strip, where colors look darker than everywhere else, only shows on dark colours though, not whites or grays and such. It's hardly noticeable, but I know its there and it bugs me. I ran the burn tool in photoshop down a screenshot to show what it looks like. And it does look like that, that someones ran the burn tool down the side of my monitor as the burn tool only darkens dark colours not whites ect. I exxagerated it in this screeny just to show my point.

hurm.jpg

anyone know a fix? I'm not going to return it just because of this btw, just wanted to know if theres a fix.

Going from a CRT monitor to an LCD monitor, you must make sure the the vertical refresh rate is 60Hz for the LCD screen. CRT's run a higher refresh rate

Could the surround, or bezel or whatever it's called be putting pressure on the screen in that spot?

That's the only thing I can think of!

It happens that LCDs suffer from uneven lighting & alas the bigger the panel the bigger the risk of running into such a problem. It would be a good idea to look up the company's policy on dead pixels & other LCD panel problems.

well after using this LCD for a few days I relise I want to go back to my old 17" curved screen CRT. =[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back