Left 4 Dead 2 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am posting this for a friend to try to fix his game. I bought him L4D2 the other day and he says:

"It seems like the signal from my mouse is taking a long time to get to the game. Same with my keyboard. It's very choppy in certain areas and sometimes the graphics look like an N64 game. Whenever I jump it's like I get frozen in the air just a little, and everything else is moving but I'm still in the air... it's almost like I'm lagging but I don't think I'm lagging."

He showed me this screenshot of how the fire looks in his game: img52.imageshack.us/img52/1642/firel(.jpg)-- compare this to mine: img229.imageshack.us/img229/3410/blarr2(.jpg)

We've messed with the settings endlessly -- tried almost every combination possible with things turned on and off and it doesn't seem to make a difference. His computer runs MW2 fine so there's no reason it can't run L4D2 just the same.

I don't know much about computers myself, so I asked him to take a screenshot of his DXDIAG thing with System and Display so you should have all of the information: img502.imageshack.us/img502/1981/systemspecsm(.png)

Thanks for the help.

P.S. I am probably breaking the rules by posting links before I have 5 posts but sorry D: I don't know what else to do

It looks like his PC doesn't meet the minimum requirements of the game, especially the intel integrated graphics.

A fuller version of the dxdiag can be displayed if you click on the "Save all information" button and post the text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back