LG G4 details and renderings from official microsite leak

Jos

Staff

LG’s upcoming G4 smartphone wasn’t supposed to be officially revealed until later this month, but a leak originating from the company’s own microsite for the flagship phone leaves little to the imagination. The site showcases full renderings, marketing materials, key features and more.

Most of the important stuff had already been teased over the last couple of weeks. That includes a 5.5-inch QHD (2560 x 1440) IPS Quantum Display equating to a 535ppi density, improved f1.8 16-megapixel camera, removable 3,000 mAh battery and a microSD card slot for additional storage. The camera will have laser autofocus and an infrared color spectrum analyzer for more accurate color reproduction, according to the leak.

The site contains a full spec list but that appears to be a placeholder for the real thing, given away for the fact that it lists Android 4.4.2 instead of Lollipop and the G3’s 13MP camera. Also, there’s no word on the G4’s processor. Rumors suggest either a Snapdragon 810 or a Snapdragon 808.

In terms of design the G4 will look pretty much like its predecessor minus some cosmetic tweaks. For example, the front of the device features a pseudo carbon-fiber weave, while the G4’s removable back will have multiple color options, including several tones of leather and plastic.

LG's press conference for the G4 is set to take place on April 28th, where we’ll likely confirm these details and hear about pricing and availability.

Permalink to story.

Are there that many people out there today that do not put a case on their phones? I like the look of the leather but I would not be caught without a case to protect the screen/phones edges.

Are there that many people out there today that do not put a case on their phones? I like the look of the leather but I would not be caught without a case to protect the screen/phones edges.

The G2 doesn't have a removable back, so that meant if I wanted to put something that protected the screen it would have to go on top of the normal case, so it's awesome that you can exchange it, because right now I'm not using a case and haven't for a long time and it's doing well :)

Back to phone functions, the micro SD is a nice feature I missed in the G2, I didn't find the G3 enough to switch my phone and now it's pretty much the same, with a bit larger exchangable battery that I won't probably change. The G2 camera is awesome, I seriously tell you for a phone camera I'm not sure if you need a better one, maybe with a tiny bitsy better software but no probs.

Had high expectations on this phone but it's almost the same as it has been for the last 2 gens. I'm a bit sad.

yeah, but if the edges are leather, do you still need a case? I have a thin case on my HTC One, but I wish I didn't have to. Brushed metal can be easy to drop, and easy to scratch and dent too. Leather might fix both those issues.

I'm in the market for an upgrade, and the HTC M9 got poor reviews, and the Galaxy S6 runs Touchwiz, which I personally think is ugly (and replacing it would be a hassle).
I'm crossing my fingers this phone delivers like the S6 apparently has.

Had high expectations on this phone but it's almost the same as it has been for the last 2 gens. I'm a bit sad.
Maybe... The G4 will have a better chip in it, and that usually means smoother transitions with better battery life. It didn't for the M9 (with battery life anyway), so we'll have to see how well LG handles it.

actually the majority of phones out there do NOT need a case or screen protector. Most cases are strictly for visual improvement of the device and screen protectors are a 100% waste of money unless you are severely hard on your phone...severely. If you have an iphone you will need a case and a screen protector due to the ease of scratching and its ability to break. if you have an android device with gorilla glass you are wasting your money buying a case. of course it is personal preference but neither case or screen protector are needed unless you own an iphone.

Back