Limited connectivity issue at home

Hi, I have been trying to solve my problem for two days. I spent some hours on the phone with my internet provider (Bell) to solve the problem and they finally told me that the problem would be my computer or my config.

The problem is that I can connect to internet with my cellphone and my tab but I cant connect with my computer. It says limited connectivity on my windows8. I tried disabling my firewall and most of the turotials posted on the net but still nothing works.

I would love to be able to solve this problem .ty

Ps: sorry if I am difficult to understand I usually speak french =)

I already tried to reinstall my network drivers (Broadcom) and it still doesnt work. My computer is a Dell AMD phenom X6 operating with windows 8 (64)

...I also tried the ip release and renew

Hey Math.Is your router secured?. If so,I would verify that you can connect using an Ethernet cable. If so, I would go into the router's setup and change the broadcast channel the router is using, change it to 10 or 11 and save the changes. Remove the cable, wait a minute, then try to connect.What is the make and model of your router?.

I cant access my modem for the moment and it is too late to call Bell, Thanks for your help and I will try this tomorrow and tell you what it gives!

Many of us use a network like
isp == modem+router-->router-- wifi or wired connections

Why would it NOT work?

What do you have for a setup?

1. Cellphone use hotspot
2. WiFi Router
3. Modem and switch

On the desktop you have WiFi adapter? If so is it USB or PCI-E/PCI slot type?

First you have to make sure on the router side if you have one that it can see all your network PC
Does the router connect to the internet.
On the PC does your PC see the router can it linkup with all devices on your network.
If you can't do that then you have a issue with the NIC (network interface card) might be duff (bad)
Got to narrow the the issue

Duff Modem
Duff Router
Duff Ports

Duff = Bad or faulty.

Check all your connections first.

Sorry for the delay in getting back,I didn't see in my e-mail that anyone else had responded. Math.vr, we need to get some basics out of the way first.

1) Were you ever able to connect with this pc before with your current setup as it is now?
2) Is your router secured, meaning, did you have to enter a password originally when you first attempted to go online on YOUR network?
3) If you can get online on your smartphone and tablet, and you are indeed on your network, then you don't need another router

By the way, your English isn't bad at all, at least writing in English.

Back