Link {URL=} references seem to cause a wordwrap on link text

Arris

Coolermaster

Actual text with [ replaced with {

{URL=http://www.coolermaster.com/index.php?LT=english&Language_s=2&url_place=product&p_serial=KHC-V81&other_title=%2BKHC-V81%2BHyper%206&PHPSESSID=b0bd69f776e0ac0c6320fa3086a7b31c}Coolermaster{/URL}

(first noted on a post by Didou with link text = LINK was displaying as LIN<new line>K)

Originally posted by Arris

Coolermaster

Actual text with [ replaced with {

(first noted on a post by Didou with link text = LINK was displaying as LIN<new line>K)

Quite strange, since my other post worked just fine...

This post is a work-in-progress, to test what could be the cause, so don't worry if it changes a lot...

[EDIT]

Ah, that explains it... when I post URL's, I allways type the {url=} {/url} manually, and when the link is very long, I hit enter before typing in the text.
However when using the button for adding an URL, it doesn't add any linebreaks. Thus if the link is longer than what the line maximum is set up to be, and there is no spaces where it could easily cut the line (which there aren't in an URL), it will just cut it at the line_Max, which would appear to be after 178 charachters...

[EDIT2]

Well, I managed to get the same result by creating a very long work, but it does not correspond with the number I gave above, nor does it seem to correspond much with the characthers in Arris' link which shows the same thing.

hereisjustalongtextline
But I can reproduce it with Arris' link...
CoolerMaster

Oh, well... At least all you have to do is to write the comment text on the next line, and there isn't a problem...

Me too much time on my hands?!? no idea what you're talking about...! ;)
[/EDIT2]

[/EDIT]

LOL.
How come you've got so much time?

So I just need
{URL=xyz}
Link Text{/URL}

Is that what your saying MrG?

I don't really have that much time on my hands, but I got a bit interested in the problem..

Yes, from what I've tried, doing what you're showing should work... Actually a simple space might work just as well, but not quite sure how that'd look...

testing:
CoolerMaster <- with a blank space before text

CoolerMaster
<- using a new line...

I always use {URL=<paste URL>}Link text here{/URL} and the problem has happened...

Back