Linksys problems :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats up, guys?
My name's Roy and I'm kinda new to this thing so be gentle! lol
Any and all help with this will be greattttly appreciated. I'm a newborn in terms of computers and related. I just purchased a Linksys router a couple of weeks ago and have been experiencing a pretty annoying little problem with it. Every time I want to get on the internet, I have to unplug it and then plug it back in! Then after about 30-45 minutes it cuts out and I have to do the same thing. It's very frustrating. I was just wondering if any of yall could give me some answers/suggestions.

Thanks alot, guys
-Roy

Hi Roy!

Welcome to TechSpot...
Did you just buy this router? Is it too late to take it back? I would replace if I was like you. You could try reset the Router with pin or small pointed object. The reset hole is mostly in the back. Unplug the router reset it. Some here might tell you to update the firmware. You get that from Linksys web site. Download the firmware for your model then install it.

If you want to try the above, but I would recommend you return the router for another one. You might have a bad one there?

:) Thank you!
Yesss I purchased it a couple of weeks ago..
I tried downloading the firmware but couldnt figure out what to do after it was downloaded. It was a bin file? I think? And my computer kept saying that I had no program to open it :/ I would take it back but I lost the darn receipt. And when I reset it, it's only good for about 30-45 minutes! Im going to just try to download the firmware and if that doesnt work...new router time. Any advice for the bin thing?

Hi. My heart goes out to you, because I am having the exact same problem, right down to the messed up download for the firmware upgrade. I brought mine back once and exchanged it, same problem, time after time. I think I'm going with another brand. Good luck.

thormxracer176 said:
:) Thank you!
Yesss I purchased it a couple of weeks ago..
I tried downloading the firmware but couldnt figure out what to do after it was downloaded. It was a bin file? I think? And my computer kept saying that I had no program to open it :/ I would take it back but I lost the darn receipt. And when I reset it, it's only good for about 30-45 minutes! Im going to just try to download the firmware and if that doesnt work...new router time. Any advice for the bin thing?

You should have gotten a CD or at least an instruction setup sheet that describes how to get into the routers setup screens. You type the routers IP address into a browsers window. Something like 192.168.1.1 enter. This will open a window where you enter 'admin' for the user name and "password" for the password. All settings changes and firmware upgrading is done in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back