Little square BOX with RED X (help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run into a problem the other day. I tried to download a manual in adobe format, when I clicked on the download button a new window came up that was blank except the very top lefthand corner there was a little square box with a red x in it and nothing ever happened. I tried more than one file and got the same thing. I have also seen the same thing in Hotmail, but can still read the message.
Thanks, help would be appreciated
birdaug

Make sure you download the proper Adobe Reader for your Operating System. You might want to install the latest Java, Shockwave, and Flash players too, while your at it...

expert

Hey Boo,
Best place I could find, sorry we can't all be experts, thank you for your responce, I'll give it a try.
birdaug.

birdaug said:
I run into a problem the other day. I tried to download a manual in adobe format, when I clicked on the download button a new window came up that was blank except the very top lefthand corner there was a little square box with a red x in it and nothing ever happened. I tried more than one file and got the same thing. I have also seen the same thing in Hotmail, but can still read the message.
Thanks, help would be appreciated
birdaug

If you recently upgraded(updated) Internet Explorer you might want to check the security settings.
The new defaults in IE 6 SP1 and newer, disable downloading files.
I have a web page that may help... http://bear-serv.serveftp.com/ie7/Index.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back