Login problems that started last night

LookinAround

Most of the time i hit the Login button to login but i started getting logon failures last night. I even tried a password reset to no avail.

However, I found that if go to an active thread, hit Reply and then login, my login succeeds.

So latter method works for now but sure would be handy (and a bit easier) for me if the Login button works again as well when someone can take a look at it

Thanks for your note, LookinAround. I have to wonder if this is a widespread problem or could be something specific to your machine or user account. I just tried logging out, and the back in and everything worked smoothly. Could other members give it a try and report back to us?

I should mention that we haven't made any changes to the login code in weeks or even months.

LookinAround can you verify this happening in other browsers or other PCs in your household?

Thanks!

This happened to me today. Again as LookinAround has said, you only get joy by entering through the forums.
I'm kind of dogmatic though, just tried retyping my user name and password 3 or 4 times.

So, I said to myself when I got logged in through the forum, "phew, dodged a bullet there, thought I was banned for a minute".

@julio
My desktop is a dual boot Win XP Pro SP3 and Win 7.

My problem last night was using the Login tab with Firefox under XP. When i used FF to login using Post Reply in the forums it worked ok

Just tried a few more scenarios:
Booting into XP on my desktop i get the same behavior with IE. (Fails under login tab but works via Post Reply
Booting into Win 7 on my desktop also gets same behavior (Fails via login tab but works with Post Reply)​

I can try my XP laptop as well later when i get the chance

@captaincranky
So, I said to myself when I got logged in through the forum, "phew, dodged a bullet there, thought I was banned for a minute".
Me too! My first thought was also: "Why can't I login?? Gee, who did i piss-off now?" :p

Update

I just tried my XP Pro SP3 laptop (connected to my home LAN) and it also has the same behavior with IE and FF where: using Login tab for login fails yet Post Reply for logon works

fyi...I'm also 100% certain i'm entering the same userid / password into the different logon attempts, as I put both my Userid and Password in a local notepad file so I could copy/paste the identical logon info each time

Julio,
If it would help any, i could use Wireshark to capture a network trace of both the success and failure logon attempts. I could PM you the trace files if they'd be of any help

In any case, i can still logon via Post Reply for now

Hey guys, there were three reports of the same login issues and thanks to your messages I was able to see a pattern and discover what was causing this for you. The problem should be fixed now. Worst of all, this was only affecting those members that were recently given permission to get their own titles, so all of you that are regulars and have been for quite some time :)

Just tried logging in via Login tab again and All Systems Go!! :grinthumb

Thanks Julio for your prompt attention :)

Thanks Juilo this happen on my main control system. Drove me nuts today! Did try a few other browser same error. Only other systems that weren't effected are the ones I have the login auto. I'll have to try it again the main!

Back