Logitech intros new G-series PC gaming peripherals

Jos

Staff

Logitech has announced a slew of new treats for fans of their G-series gaming peripherals. Included in the release are a multi-platform gaming keyboard, a surround sound gaming headset, and a mouse with enough programmable macro keys for the most dedicated MMO and FPS gamers. According to the company, the new G-Series lineup is "crafted for maximum performance, freeing you from technical limitations, allowing you to immerse yourself in your favorite games."

The most affordable of all three, the Gaming Mouse G700, comes in at $100 sporting the ergonomic curves of Logitech's MX line with a 5,700 dpi, 1GHz response laser sensor common to high-end gaming mice. The G700 offers 13 programmable buttons that can perform single actions or complex macros with a click. There's also a dual-mode scroll wheel and a plug-in USB cable that'll let you use your wireless mouse as a wired device when your battery is running low.

Next up is the $120 Gaming Keyboard G510 featuring an LCD display for real-time game stats and PC performance data, user-selectable custom backlighting, and 18 programmable keys with three mode states for up to 54 possible macro settings per game. Fans of the original G15 will be familiar with this new Mac and Windows compatible keyboard.

Finally, the Gaming Headset G930 offers 7.1 Dolby surround sound, three programmable keys, a noise-cancelling microphone, and 2.4GHz RF connectivity good for up to 40 feet of distance from the computer. The battery inside this wireless headset is good for ten hours per charge and can be charged with a USB cable while in use. Expect the G930 to lighten your wallet by $160 when it debuts later this month.

Permalink to story.

I could never get myself to spend $220 for a mouse and keyboard.
my razer lycosa and logitech G5 cost me $70 and that's as high as I would be willing to go for something like that

I just bought the G15 and MX518. Lucky for me the GTX was $50 or I would be kicking myself right now. Ontop of that the G150 with its added macro keys looks too bulky. Even without the palmrest it would be too big. I guess logitech forgot the reason they phased out the original G15 and replaced it with the G15 V2.

princeton said:
I just bought the G15 and MX518. Lucky for me the GTX was $50 or I would be kicking myself right now. Ontop of that the G150 with its added macro keys looks too bulky. Even without the palmrest it would be too big. I guess logitech forgot the reason they phased out the original G15 and replaced it with the G15 V2.
Owning both G15 and v2, I'd take the original. Mainly because I like the blue better.

These prices are crazy. Who in their right mind (sorry y'all) would pay $100 - $200 dollars to buy a mouse. All it does is move some funny arrow around on the screen and maybe make some random guy turn around on the screen.

I use a logitech Cordless Optical TrackMan, which I got for like $49, which by the way, was well over "my" acceptable price range for a mouse, and it is perfect. It is ergonomic, and does more than the basic functions a user may need and it does miracles to my hand and wrist comfort. I also don't have any glitchy mouse movements and don't feel any unresponsiveness.

How can one goto sleep when they know at the back of their mind that they spent a crazy $200 on a mouse. I would suffer. Maybe comit suicide! :) ;)

C'mon people, be realstic.
Save $300 and buy an iPad or
Buy an iPod
Buy Food
Buy Clothes
Buy Everyday necesities!
DONATE STUFF TO CHARITY!

UV :)

Why couldn't they make the keyboard wireless too?!

the keyboard would last about 10 hours if it were wireless as well. I had a g15 but it got trashed in flood water. I'll definately be purchasing this keyboard. Gonna hold on to my naga mouse for now.

well i will stick to my bluetooth Keyboard since its brand new 2010 version but i might buy this mouse lol it looks cool

Darth Shiv said:
princeton said:
Owning both G15 and v2, I'd take the original. Mainly because I like the blue better.

That's what pisses me off. I love blue so much. But the original and the new G510 are much too bulky. The g15 V2 is much more sleek and small.

I've always been a little baffled by people who don't understand spending money on a quality mouse and keyboard. Those two devices are the primary methods of interaction between you and your computer, you'll be using them for HOURS every day, how does it make sense NOT to spend a fair amount of money on quality components?

You claim $100 is too much for a mouse... Have you ever stopped to think just exactly how much time you spend USING that mouse? It won't take long for the cost per hour of use to drop into the pennies per hour range. A hundred bucks isn't much for something that'll last you five or six years (longer?), and it will be an absolute delight to use along the way.

I prefer Logitech mice over most other brands, my only problem with them is the feet. Every Logitech mose I ever owned lost one or two feet within the first few months. If I find it missing. and I'm lucky enough to locate the escaped pad, I can super glue it back on. But of course another falls off shortly after that and I can't find them all. I once e-mailed their customer service dept. and told them if they could not fix the problem they should include extra pads with the mouse. I haven't seen any extra pads but they'll sell them to you for about $1 a piece. Its crap like that which makes people go elsewhere, customer satisfaction is not whjat it used to be with Logitech anyway.

Is there any release date yet?
Also will this be released internationally, specifically Australia?

It's my friends birthday in 2 months and I reckon he would absolutely love that keyboard as a present.

Back