1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Logitech keyboard & mouse combo (wireless)

By Wuertz
Jul 6, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. I have a K520 Logitech keyboard & paired mouse. The USB unifying device, slowly went bad and the computer system warned about a USB device that was over current, and to disconnect it, and the computer warned that it would shut off in 10 seconds.

A good keyboard & mouse, and now it is worthless unless I can pair up a USB unifying device with it.
    The unifying device completely shorted out and now does not install in the USB connector.

The cost of a single channel unifying device is about $ 8 dollars on ebay. The is Logitech UNIFYING SOFTWARE that can be downloaded, to try to pair up with the keyboard & mouse or use the $26.00
    6 channel USB unifying device. This would only be seen with a software driver.

Is this the only fix that can be done? I hate to throw out good quality keyboards and mice, if they cannot have a USB unifying device paired. :joy:

2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus Stone age computing - click on the rock below.. Posts: 4,062   +1,187

Didn't I see much cheaper at NewEgg and Amazon? Of course you may need to check model numbers, but you should be back on stream for less than $10.

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...