Logitech Z680 Front Channels no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logitech Z680 5.1 Speaker system.

I Have had the system for about a year. The front right and front left channels are not working. Ive tried differnt wires, differnt speakers, a differnt computer and differnt settings on the control unit. However, both rear channels, center channel, and Sub work perfectly.

I was wondering how this could be fixed? whats the warranty options I have? Anyone run into this problem before?

Thanks in advance
Tony D

blue_dragon said:
Do you have anything related to sound connected also such as a mic or headset or some usb deivce?

Yeah I have a logitech Webcam (cant remember the model # but its the orbit or somthing) which has a mic built in. Also, when i plug in head phones to the front of the unit the sound comes out perfectly.

Thanks for your response.

question

Are you using onboard audio, or a soundcard? Also, I don't know when you bought the speakers, but-- I have a set of Logitech x530's, and about three months after I installed them, the sub began to sound like it was wrapped in styrofoam. Called support, described the problem, and the support lady said; "it's shot, then. Give me your address, and we'll ship you a new one." !!
No RMA, no return, no hassle, and a brand new, complete set arrived on my front step four days later! :eek: Talk about support!! :slurp:

hewybo said:
Are you using onboard audio, or a soundcard? Also, I don't know when you bought the speakers, but-- I have a set of Logitech x530's, and about three months after I installed them, the sub began to sound like it was wrapped in styrofoam. Called support, described the problem, and the support lady said; "it's shot, then. Give me your address, and we'll ship you a new one." !!
No RMA, no return, no hassle, and a brand new, complete set arrived on my front step four days later! :eek: Talk about support!! :slurp:
WOW! thats awesome, do you have that number? I've had the hardest time finding the tech support #.

I am using a SoundBlaster Audigy SB0090. I also tried the speakers on my Alienware which has a SoundBlaster Live Platinum SB0100

So my thoughts are , the fron 2 channels are fried or something of that sort

phone

hexum311ad said:
WOW! thats awesome, do you have that number? I've had the hardest time finding the tech support #.

I am using a SoundBlaster Audigy SB0090. I also tried the speakers on my Alienware which has a SoundBlaster Live Platinum SB0100

So my thoughts are , the fron 2 channels are fried or something of that sort

Here's the number I used: 702-269-3457 M-F 6am-6pm (PST)

It sounds more like an audio problem, though, if other speakers perform the same way. Maybe they can help, though. Good luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back