Long lasting hardware lag when playing games

Hey all,

I recently rebuilt my computer, and often when I play video games, (anything from Minecraft to League of Legends to Age of Conan), my computer will stop responding for 30 seconds to 3 minutes. This freeze happens probably once per hour, but I've seen it go as often as every 5 minutes, or as rarely as only once in 4 hours.
Below are my computers specs:

CPU
Intel i7 2600k (3.4 gHz)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3
Memory
2x4gb Kingston HyperX (1333mHz)
Videocard
ATI Radeon HD 4870
Soundcard/Speakers
Integrated - Using Realtek Audio Drivers
PSU
ABS Majesty 1100W Single Rail
Operating System
Windows 7 (x64)

Here are some of my thoughts:
I don't think that this is network lag. I have over 10 computers running off of my network and this is the only one that I experience any issues with.
It could be a driver issue, however I have re installed many of them, updated them, tried different versions, etc.
I've kept a close eye on my temperatures, and I don't think it is that - My CPU runs at 40 degrees Celsius at it's hottest, and my GPU rarely exceeds 60 degrees.

More details on the freezes
My computer doesn't stop 100%, it slows down to a crawl. I keep music playing in the background, and when the freeze occurs, it'll buzz out maybe half a second of music throughout the duration of the crash (you can hear a super slow change in pitch, etc).
The freeze also seems to happen more often when more intensive applications and games are running. E.g: In the middle of an AoC siege with mumble and itunes running in the background.
The freezes have been there ever since I built this computer - I have also re installed windows 7.

Please feel free to ask if any more information is needed.

Thank you,
Benjamin Baril

Tmagic650,
I've tried subbing in a 650W corsair, and a 850W Thermaltake toughpower, and my computer still lags up every once in a while. I also just ran CCleaner and cleaned out my registry, as well as temp files just to be safe.
Any more ideas?

Thank you,
Benjamin-F Baril

Back