Looking for a new PCI or USB Wi-Fi card

ajross

Hello all,

I own a desktop computer that I bought from Dell a little while back, and recently snapped one of two "antennas" on the outside of the computer attached to the WiFi card inside. Unfortunately now, I can only muster 2 of 5 bars of signal over our wireless network...

Yesterday, I purchased a NETGEAR N600 Wireless Dual Band USB adapter, and it isn't working with our network -- it takes forever to "connect" and then fails before I can connect. We have Verizon-based modem, and I believe we are bridging it with our Cisco E3000 Router. I know that there is nothing wrong with the network; several other devices are connected and working just fine. I also can still connect wtih my PCI card inside with only one antenna.

Should I keep and troubleshoot with the NETGEAR adapter?
Also, I would like know a few fast and reliable PCI cards and where to get them...
I would honestly rather have a PCI card than this NETGEAR adapter; it was only a temporary fix.

Thanks in advance!
A

Is a wired connection not an option? I'd go with a PCI card unless it's just browsing websites and emails, USB is fine for this. Not sure were you are located but I like this type of antenna. What OS are you using? I don't think this is compatible with Win 7 but there are many options. I would need to know more...location, OS, are you playing games wireless, etc...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166020

Back