Lost monitor ID in setup

sol1109

I have an EVGA GTX 560-Ti graphics card connected to two monitors. The primary monitor is a Syncmaster 2433BW and the second monitor is a Syncmaster 204B. Everything was fine until this morning when I booted up and found the second monitors resolution way off. After entering the NVIDIA control panel I found the monitor simply identified as Digital Display with a very limited resolution table available, the monitor was set to 1024x768. On the control panel resolution screen it is identified as "Generic Non-PNP Monitor with only two resolutions neither of which is the recommended 1600x1200. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver with no improvement.

6c1123a02dec0d655843eb9714adf272.png

Have u tried This option the Resize? I use this due to my Samsung tv doesnt have really good scaling which I was left to using a random resolution but this random resolution still is read from the tv as 1920x1080 maybe it might work for u

if this doesnt work I havent actualy got which driver did u install nvidia driver or the monitor one? if so this is were u should go
078fe15652cde526c138f43d536928f2
<-this image seems to not be working right click open in new tab

Right click my computer Properties Device manager and rightclick on the monitors and update software

I did not try the resize. I reinstalled both the NVIDIA and monitor drivers after first uninstalling. I tried the update tool and was told the best driver was already in use. I also experimented with the custom resolution option and it had no effect. I moved this monitor to another computer and it was not even detected on the digital connection. It automatically went into power save mode. I reconnected the monitor using the Analog connection and a digital adapter and now I have a full range of resolution options. The analog driver automatically loaded in the device manager after uninstalling the generic driver.

It would seem to me that something in the digital circuit has failed. I can live with the Analog connection for now since it is the secondary display. Thanks for all your suggestions. If you have any more let me know.

Back