Low performance on GTX 1080

staubgame

bccab3ae15b2b88b573cc5e8ff5e3db4.png

I'm wondering, my PC's performance is far from that.

I'm using an i7-6700 (non-k) on a B150 Motherboard with a Zotac GTX 1080 Amp! Edition and 16Gb of 2400Mhz DDR4 RAM.

On Overwatch's Ultra preset I get only 160FPS in training mode, so less while actual gameplay happens.
On high preset it's 190-200fps. Both at 1080p.

That is less than the 1070 in this test.
Why is that?

I've checked so far:
Power Mode in Windows and in Nvidia Control Panel
Drivers up to date
Temperature are both fine, GPU goes to 78°C, CPU 50°C.

I checked CPU and GPU usage, CPU is around 15-20% and GPU is at 100%.
So I'm not sure but I feel like my GTX1080 should push out more fps? Or am I asking to much...?
GPU boost goes up to 1898Mhz so no thottleing there.

Under graphics quality > advanced
make sure that render scale is 100%
this auto adjusts with higher end cards to above 100% to supersample then downsample so the visual quality looks better.
this means it's rendering above 1080, so this should be the issue you're having.

Under graphics quality > advanced
make sure that render scale is 100%
this auto adjusts with higher end cards to above 100% to supersample then downsample so the visual quality looks better.
this means it's rendering above 1080, so this should be the issue you're having.

I made sure multiple times, however turned out that the scaling was at 150% either way.
(Though clearly showing 100% in options menu)
After switching around some options the screen suddenly turned black a few times and suddenly a lot of options were all over the place.
So I'll archive that as an overwatch bug. ^^

Thanks for the reply though. .)

:( not fixable?
since you know the issue, maybe there's something online that could help you resolve this, I personally have never played the game, I just figured that was the problem and backed it up with a search online. however those people fixed it and didn't run into your issues in this reply.

:( not fixable?
since you know the issue, maybe there's something online that could help you resolve this, I personally have never played the game, I just figured that was the problem and backed it up with a search online. however those people fixed it and didn't run into your issues in this reply.
Hm should have been more precise. After that jumping and flickerng of the screen, I changed the scaling again and now it runs as expected. Full 250+ fps. :)

Oh awesome. the flickering might be from doing fullscreen, I always do borderless window. find that usually the game runs better that way also. Makes tabbing in and out of games a lot smoother also.
Incase you weren't aware.

Back