Mac Question, going to an auction this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been awhile since I've used an Apple, I own numerous PCs. Anyways, I'm headed to a computer auction at Abilene Christian University this weekend. I'm particulary interested in this;

"Powerful G5 Powermacs with Dual 2.0GHz Processors, 1.5 GB, 150GB HD, DVD burners, and Apple Studio LCD Display!"

I haven't seen a decent price for this online. Any estimate what I should pay (limit) at an auction for it?

Basically look up the price of the LCD display by itself, those things are insane.

I don't really know what you should set as your limit. The tower and components themselves (minus the monitor) appear to fetch you well over $500 on ebay. Closer to 700+ it seems.

Might want to look at this auction http://cgi.ebay.com/Mac-G5-Power-PC...9|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50
it is probably about what you are looking at. $560 with 8.25 hours left, with a buy it now of $900.

Those are pretty sweet machines and will handle a lot of work, probably not so good for gaming though. I've heard they are pretty loud, and another concern is they will not be able to run Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6) when it comes out, so you are going to be limited in a couple years on what new software you can run on it.

Not trying to discourage you, just providing some information you may not be aware of. I'm a pretty happy Mac user, I've got 3 Macs and 3 PCs at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back