Mac running Windows through bootcamp- trouble loading Sims2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a brand new Macbook and have boot camp and Windows XP installed. I am trying to be able to play my PC based Sims 2 games, and it keeps saying "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphic adapters in the system! Please make sure you have a Directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer..."

Now, my problem is two-fold. One, I dont know how to download DirectX on my Mac side and be able to bring it to the Windows side. Two, reason I cant download DirectX on the windows side itself is I cannot access the internet. I can access the internet via Mac but NOT with the Windows side. I called my internet provider and they didnt help at all.

So, if someone could help me figure out a way to play my Sims 2 games on my Mac- that'd be great. And...if you know how to help me access the internet via the Windows side, that'd be great too.

Also- I need it explained in Lamens terms :)

Which MacBook is it ? A Santa Rosa based one (that can sport up to 4GB of Ram) or the previous generation(s) one ? You need to determine which one it is before you can download the proper VGA drivers.

& concerning your network connection, what's the problem ? Are you using the wireless function or is it cabled to the router ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back