MacBook Pro won't start at all

terry5880

hi all the mac book pro will not start no light on plug of charger when plugged in but tried on friends mac book pro and light comes on and charges so its just on my girlfriends one any help or suggestions would be great thanks

It could be many reasons why this is happening. first off, Is your girlfriend still covered by warranty? If so, I would just contact apple. Because, anything we might recommend could potentially void your warranty. Otherwise, I would check the bottom of the laptop. Look for any signs of battery problems. Maybe some protruding or warm to the touch. Your battery could be swollen and or broken. I am not very well versed when it comes to apple products. So I would recommend waiting to see what everyone else says.

It's like a faulty battery Terry, or the charging jack has broken (or breaking contact) with the logic board.

What year and type is the MacBook Pro?

how can I check as I got a charger from another one and plugged in and the little led not even showing on the plug bit thats goes into mac book but then used same charger on the other one and light come on and was working

I'm not sure if the MBP can be run without a battery in it, but it would be worth trying. Normally if the battery has failed on most notebooks you get some sort of warning, like a flashing light to highlight an issue, but its not always the case.

If you can find someone else with the same MBP you could swap around the batteries and use that method to confirm if the battery is the problem as well.

Back