Macine check exception 9C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have the 0000009c problem.

This is the code I get, and it's driving me mad.

Category (102)
Event ID: 1003

Error code: 0000009c, parameter1 00000000, parameter2 bab3c050, parameter3 b2000000, parameter4 1040080f.

I 've had it for a month now.

I tested my ram and there were no problems
I bought a better graphics card and it didn't change a thing
I updated all my drivers and system updates
I reformatted the computer and put everything back in again, bit by bit, and still it didn't change a thing.
I scanned for bugs and virus's, and fixed all registry files with regcure.
I bought more powerful PSU and put extra fans, and the computer is well within allowed temperatures

And still the computer restarts

(To see the exact code and problem - click start - run - type eventvwr - double click on system, you should see a red circle with a white cross on the problem that causes the computer to restart. Double click on it to get the code.)

My computer will always restart when playing a game, when on the internet, sometimes when just opening an application, and sometimes when listening to music.

Any help!!!!!

After talking with the support team in my nearby computer shop. They said that the most often problem is that your sound card is out of date, and is not compatible with the motherboard.

I have SB live (soundblaster live) so I will either use the basic audio built into the motherboard or get a better one.

But he said it is definately not your graphics card and not your Ram. It is most certainly a hardware problem that is caused by outdated incompatible sound cards and conflicts between Direct X and Audio input.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have merged your posts and moved them to their own thread. This will save any confusion.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

You definitely have some kind of hardware failure. It could be the soundcard, or any other hardware, including your mobo.

I don`t buy into the outdated soundcard theory. To be frank, that sounds ridiculous.

Check your mobo for any bulging or leaking capacitors. See HERE for more info.

Remove your soundcard and use the onboard sound and see if that make any difference.

Make sure nothing is overclocked.

Disconnect anything not required to run your system. If you still get the 9C crashes, then it has to be a problem with what`s left in your system.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back