MacOS Bootdisk.. Need one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

Staff
Can anyone help me out here?

I am currently attempting to emulate Mac OS 8 on my PC, but I'll need a boot disk to get started I believe.

I was wondering if anyone out there has a MacOS 7 or 8 boot disk that they can image for me?

Perhaps BIN or .image format... Or if you can point me in the right direction. :) Thanks.

i also need a macOS 7 boot disk because i have a very old but still funny apple laptop and it won't boot at all without this disk so i can't use it :(

what could I do ? install macos again on it? (it has no CD drive ... it's a very old one)

Funny that I'm emulating MacOS 8.1 using a hard disk image and MacOS CD, and I don't know how to create a boot floppy..

basilisk.png

Really you guys dont' have one? AH I'm sorry I'm not on my mac right now (those of you who know me know I only know mac os 6-8.5) but you only need a few files, its much simplier than making a dos boot disk I assure you.
Rick if you havne't figured out one by tuesday I'll hook you up, but I imagine you will already have one by then or won't need one anymore.

Mict - that one where you say you are emulating OS 8.1... thats not 8.1 buddy.... those "cool" colors didn't exist until at least 9.0 and I don't think they did until X.

I'll be very impressed if you can make a real mac look like that mict. as far as I know you just don't get that cool "aqua" interface in os 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back