Major problem with playback

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a big problem lol, with a soundcard and this is big because im a music producer - I have windows xp SP 2 the soundcard is an M-audio Fast track usb external soundcard...

The problem ------ i connect it, (should be plug and play) and it doesnt show up on the playback devices, it shows on recording devices thought - i dont understand. so i downloaded the driver from the website, dont think it installed cuz it was a packed file and it just flashed for a second and disapeared. but anywho it DOES show up as a recording device.

the playback device area is greyed out, same for the properties and advanced options for playback.

how can i get the playback device to be my fasttrack soundcard.... iit has worked before on this pc. but something must of changed since last week.

is there another way of telling my pc i want this soundcard to be the playback device... instead of using sounds and audio devices in control panel.

Soundcardissue.jpg

Hi and welcome to techspot. go in your control panels, go to system, go to the hardware tab, click on device manager. go down to sound devices, open up the list, and see if there are any problem devices.

Driver Issues

Hi,

I have been using this external sound card for some while now, I just wondered, have you been experiencing any problems with the driver updates, the new drivers seem to lower the performance of the audio card when I am using VST's etc.

Please reply

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back