Making ghost CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

asylum

Hi I am using win 2000 and I have pretty much stuffs here already. I am talking about 40GB, Now what I want is to make a ghost bootable CD of this win2000 with anti virus only, is it possible?

Can anyone helpme pls?

BTW, I have norton ghost software installed, What is the best option to make clone of OS,drivers and anti-virus only?

The easiest way to do this would be to format your drive, install Win 2000, then update all your drivers/ patches install your AV software, then use something like DriveImage to create a backup of the entire drive.

What Poert said - once you have all that other stuff on there ghost is gonna capture it. You dont' have much granularity with ghost - the lowest you can go is partitions. You'll either have to capture it all or start over and capture while building your machine.

Create the Ghost floppy and then use that floppy to make a bootable CD (your CD burning software asks you for it).

If you are talking about making a bootable self-restoring CD/DVD (complete with the image you wish to restore), then it is possible, but I personally don't know how to create such a disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back