malfunction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mouse light repeatedly flickers and very often freezes up then works again. Occasionally, my computer boots w/o the mouse detected. I also get a "A USB device has malfunctioned" popup but I am definitely sure that the USB is NOT the problem, nor is it the mouse.
My mouse happens to freeze most often when there is high memory usage on programs. This is most noticeable when firefox is open, where I can have up to 4 1-2 second freezes in 10 seconds. Once in awhile my mouse light goes out completely and I have to replug the USB back in.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Let`s check to make sure you don`t have any viruses/spyware etc.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Post a fresh HJT log into this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Malfunction

1) Do you have a wireless/ USB connected mouse??

If so sounds like the batteries in your wireless mouse have about had it.

2) If you have a mouse that is directly connected to a USB port, how is it that you are so certain that you don't have a USB problem??

I would suggest going into the systems tab in control panel, killing the USB port that you are using, replugging the directly connected USB mouse back in so that the system will recognize it and see if the re-installation does the trick for you.

Good Hunting. ! ! EWAN 52

Malfunction

Glad to be of assistance to you friend. God knows we all can use help with these tempermental and or so complicated devices.

Best Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back