Malware nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear TechSpot,

After a long and fun time reformatting my computer I finally got it up and running again, but without any firewall or antivirus to speak of. Without realizing this I of course quickly got infected with a multiple string of lovely spyware and malware, and now Im attempting to fix this, but its beginning to feel impossible. While I managed to get Microsoft Firewall up it is not really helping at this point, so I decided to install some free anti-virus programs, like panda and spydoctor. At first spydoctor was doign a great job, it found all the viruses and was ready to delete them...but of course after all this it tells me I have to buy spydoctor first in order for it to delete said viruses. So I installed Panda, which required a computer restart in order to fully install. So after the restart I thought it would be a simple as booting it up, scanning, and then deleting, but things are much worse now. My computer has grinded to a halt, Im barely able to move the mouse and opening up the internet is nigh on impossible. Every program that I attempt to open runs at impossibly slow speeds. Its almost like the virus has won.

Any ideas?

Brett

After a fun little time at loading all of those on a flash drive they seem to be helping. Ill post again when I know for sure, but thanks for the help.

Brett

Hey I've used the following to help me before running any scans
It just stops most not required running things, and helps remove them later on

Download EndItAll
Extract, then run Setup
Then run the EndItAll application
Then click on the skull heads
334l195.gif

Then close EndItAll

Then continue on with the scanning

I think this I what I was supposed to be showing right?

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 2:09:20 AM, on 12/31/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Moderator Edit:
Pasted logs removed

One of many

Think I got it right this time, this is only the hijackthis log but many more are on their way

Oh also, not sure if this was related or not, but when I was running all these I got an odd "commercial" going. I couldnt find the source of it but it talked about reaching down into the abdomen and removing something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back