Man connects PS4 to airport monitor so he can play Apex Legends

midian182

Staff member
WTF?! Having to wait for hours at the airport is something that many of us experience now and again. But one man decided to alleviate his boredom by plugging a PlayStation 4 into the airport information monitor and enjoying a game of Apex Legends.

As reported by The Oregonian, the incident took place at Portland International Airport. The traveler plugged his PS4 into a monitor that showed a map of the airport. It happened early in the morning, and the staff was quick to act.

“That is obviously something that we don’t want to have happened,” Port of Portland spokesperson Kama Simonds told radio station KXL, “because travelers need the information that we are putting on the screens for them.”

The man in question was approached by operations supervisors and “very kindly” asked to unplug the console and cease using the airport monitors. Simonds said he “very politely” asked if he could finish his game first, to which he was told “no.”

“Apparently, it was a very polite and cordial interaction,” Simonds said, calling it “a good reminder of what not to do at the airport.”

While being able to use a console on a large airport monitor is a good way to pass the time, there are easier ways to play games while waiting. In addition to the multitude of mobile titles available, you could always invest in a Nintendo Switch, both of which aren’t going to get you into trouble with security.

Permalink to story.

Also the airport is responsible to secure these displays connections so nobody can touch it, unless it's the support staff.

Heh...I have to give the guy an "A" for effort. This reminds me of the people who hack roadside warning signs.

But obviously, other ways to keep gaming without using airport resources.

Hmm, it's the middle of the night, nobody is around, there are plenty of other monitors to go look at, I'm bored and I have a PS4 in my bag. What to do?

That's my city's airport. It's dead most of the time and they probably just went up to him and told him to put it away. PDX is pretty chill for the most part. I fly between Portland, OR (PDX) and Burlington, VT (BTC) quite a bit and both airports are fairly relaxed.

This kinda shows just how crossplat show be even more important for Apex. While there other ways to play the game, all require new accounts. You can port any progress or items. Id do the same too if I all I had was my console waiting for hrs in a airport. No real harm in trying. Your not trying to hack into the freakin airport.

"In addition to the multitude of mobile titles available, you could always invest in a Nintendo Switch, both of which aren’t going to get you into trouble with security."

No, nothing like playing a computer game on a large flat panel...I believe with all the delays and cancelled flights that a typical passenger experience, airports and airliners owe it to passengers by providing gaming large screen monitors at airport worldwide...!

"But there are no signs saying it's not OK to do that....."

But seriously, if there are spare monitors, it would be the best thing to distract people from the constant delays and overbooked flights!!

They saw him playing his Apex Legends and were like, omfg no. "Sir, would you mind not lowering airport standards by playing trite on our monitors?" "Thank you!"

Apex isn't even available for the Switch, yet TechSpot asks if he's heard of it. Hahaha

Funny article though.

Back