Managing files on CD-RWs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had thought that I could copy onto CD-RWs, delete files and generally manage them in the same way as with a diskette. However, having copied a file onto my CD-RW I find that I am unable to delete it. I get a message saying that, because it is a 'read-only' file, I cannot delete it but that I will be able to write over existing files when I reach capacity.

Having reached capacity on a particular CD-RW I am told that there is no further space and that I should delete files to make room for new ones - which, of course, I cannot do.

I have tried to ensure that copied files are not 'read only', but without success.

What do I need to do to use my CD-RWs as I would a conventional diskette?

Regards,

Barry Hylton Davies

You need to install some packet writing software like InCD from Nero or Drag-to-Disc from Roxio (both are bundled with their CD/DVD writing suites).

A packet writer allows you to format and use CD-RWs just like floppies. Roxio supported CD-Rs too I think..

you wont be able to do such with windows burning software, although a third party app like nero will do such for you (drag drop, delete, sync etc..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back