Many differents bluescreens with windows 7 in save mode too

Status
Not open for further replies.

InCoNNuBE

[SOLVED] Many differents bluescreens with windows 7 in save mode too

Hi,
First, I'm sorry for my bad english, it's not my mother tongue.

So, I have a lot of different BSOD with my new build :
- Core i5 750
- eVGA P55 SLI
- Corsair TW3X4G1600C9D DDR3

Some of this speaks about "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT", "NTFS.SYS", "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA" ....

I reseat RAM yet, change DIMM slot, run a chkdsk /f /r, erase-to-zero my HDD and try to running in save mode but Windows 7 stays unstable.

I'm very wasted with this issue, someone can study my minidump please?

Attachments

• Minidump1.zip
    127.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Minidump2.zip
    113.4 KB · Views: 1
Three times you received an 0x3B error and the cause of this error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

Unfortunantly there was no one definitive cause given in any of your error dumps. They simply cited Windows OS drivers and these are usually too general to be of much help.

In a couple they mention Corrupted_Pool which refers to your driver pool but, again, nothing definitive.

Therefore, do the following diagnostic steps:

1. Run a virus scan.

2. Run a harddrive diagnostics by using your HD manufacturer's free utility that you can get off their website. Don't skip any long tests.

3. My suspicion is we are looking at RAM issues. With so many BSODs and so many different error codes this can be a strong indication that we need to look at your memory.

a. Find the voltage specs that your RAM was designed for and check it against what the BIOS shows what the RAM voltage is set at. We have found here at TechSpot many problems with the motherboard setting the memory at the wrong voltage than what it is designed for causing instability. If there is a difference manually set the memory voltage in the BIOS to the manufacturer's specs.

b. Run the free and completely free Memtest utility on your RAM for a minimum of 7Passes. If you have any errors you have corrupted memory that needs to be replaced.

* Get back to us with the results.

Hi Route44 and thank you for your reply.

(excuse-me for my bad english, I speak french :( .. )

I think that your analyze is correct but if it is a driver issue, why BSOD appear when I'm in Save mode ?

And a curious thing is that BSOD appear only in the first 5 minutes after turning on the computer right now. Starting up PC at 6 p.m -> BSOD after 5 minutes and then restart. After that, the PC stay stable to 11 p.m. without any BSOD. I can play Call of Duty 4 with no issue.

Don't understand but tomorrow, I'm going to erase-to-zero my HDD and format it. After, reinstall Win 7 propretly with only the basic component (CPU + RAM + Mainboard and HDD).

Btw, I have 3 new minidump for you if you want to study it for me :)

Thanks a lot,

Regards

Attachments

• Minidump3.zip
    81.1 KB · Views: 1
Your English is quite fine for communication. When I said drivers I was referring to Windows operating system drivers and, again, these are too general to be of much help.

I strongly suggest not writing your harddrive to zeros again. Instead, please do the diagnostic steps/directions I gave you in my previous reply.

Ok. No erase but memtest .. And if I don' found any error, what doing after that?

The settings in my bios correspond to the specs according to Corsair and voltage too. Can't do beter ...

Many thanks Route44

1. Memtest

2. Harddrive diagnostics. Go to your harddrive manufacturer's website and find their free harddrive diagnostic utility. Run not only the short tests but the long tests as well.*

And you are welcome. :)

My harddrive is a Western Digital so I download his programm called WD lifeguard but it didn't work. The programme see my harddrive but when I want to run a test, it says me "cable test error" ... Don't understand, I have changed my SATA cable by another but the error still appear. I'll go running memtest right now.

Here is two new minidump from this morning (11 a.m. in France)

Thanks for your reply

Attachments

• Minidump4.zip
    70.9 KB · Views: 0
Your error as defined by Western Digital: "Failure during cable test. The cable is loose, broken, or not plugged in. Recheck your connections and replace the cable. Retest the drive."

Make sure the SATA cable is firmly attached to both harddrive and motherboard. Retest. If you get the same error again then try a different SATA connection on your motherboard and retest.

If you still get the same error then it could be your harddrive is failing but this is only a guess (or the new SATA cable could be bad). You could take out your harddrive and slave it into another system and run diagnostics on your harddrive from the other system's main drive.

Hi,

I have done all of your tips but nothing seems to work propretly, BSOD still appears but I have somethin new in this issue ... Memtest shows me many errors (after 5 hours of burning) in the test number 7 - random number. RMA process is in progress with Corsair Tech team. Btw, I have bought another kit fully compatible with my motherboard to see if it works better. The RAM goes to Corsair will be sell back to a friend (if it works ...)

So thanks for your support, I hope that the problem was this memory kit because I have reseat my CPU and no change, BSOD comes back!

If the newer kit don't change anything, I'll RMA all of the components ... very disappointed with this build

If you have any errors with Memtest you definitely have RAM that needs to be replaced.

Here is the thing about corrupted memory: It will cause a system to throw out many different kinds of error codes and cite different causes but bad RAM is the issue. That is why I was suspicious of your memory.

*** Please let us know what happens with your new memory kit. Corsair makes great memory but even they will have fails on occasion.

No problem, I'll do it so.

New kit should arrive friday and it will be a CMD4GX3M2A1600C8, the module is specially designed for Intel Core i5 according to Corsair.

I hope that you and Memtest are right !

Stay tuned ^^

Hi,

So my new RAM kit arrived today. I just putted in the mainboard and Clear CMOS the have a clearer BIOS and it appear to be nice...
No BSOD at the moment. Unfortunately, I'm away from my desktop this weekend so I can't test it better than only power on ... I'll give more information monday or tuesday.

Btw, with the older RAM kit, since I have uninstalled my free anti virus (Microsoft Security), BSOD appeared less often, only 1 a day whereas before 2 or 3 in a afternoon ...

I hope that the RAM kit was the culprit but the mini resolution of my issue when I uninstalled the antivirus let me a doubt

From Microsoft download page .. The full name is Microsoft Security Essential, nice rated by users and some website for a free anti virus software.

EDIT: no sorry, from another website but the site is clean, he is very popular in France just like Guru3D or whatever and I have no doubt about it

If you have some more Minidumps since uninstalling the MS security software attach and I'll attempt to read them. If you only have 1 or 2 there is no need to Zip them.

Hi Route44,

Here some BSOD I got with my old RAM Kit.

With the newer kit, it's seems to work great. I can't be definitively sure that is 100% stable but if no BSOD will appear during this week, I think my issue is solved!

Attachments

• Minidum4.zip
    197.3 KB · Views: 1
Here's hoping! We really look forward to hearing from you to see if you've gained stability (or not).

By the way, I read five of your most recent dumps and 4 simply cited OS drivers but one specifically cited memory corruption.

Hi Route44,

I'm pleased to inform you that my system is 100% stable for now.
I don't realy understand what was the link between driver issue and a fautly RAM but my new kit seems to cure all of my trouble.

Your help was invaluable and I want to thank you a lot for that.

Otherwise, this thread allowed me to practice my english and it's a good thing^^

I'll post a last message in 1 week to give you some news.

Regards

Excellent! :grinthumb

As for your driver issue and RAM the thing with corrupted memory is that it often has a system throw out all kinds of error codes with various probable causes that don't even mention corrupted memory but all along it is your memory as the problem. We've seen this result with bad RAM countless times.

Thanks for getting back to us and we look forward to you giving us an update in one week.

Your English, by the way, was good. :)

This is my last message about this issue because my computer is now fully stable.

I learned a lot thanks to techpost and Route44!

See you!

PS: If an admin can add [SOLVED] front of my topic? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back